Athletics NSW in conjunction with its partners Athletics Australia and New South Wales Institute of Sport are proud to announce the commencement of the ANSW Target Talent Program for 2012/13.
The ANSW Target Talent Program (TTP) is a junior high performance plan that aligns closely to the Athletics Australia TTP and will replace the NSWIS Emerging Talent Squad. Athletes and personal coaches participating in this program will receive coaching and guidance by some of NSW’s best coaches. Sessions will be conducted at SOPAC and will be offered to any and all athletes who fulfil the selection criteria.
The selection criteria for the TTP is listed below:
1) Have achieved the TTP entry standard OR are the current Australian Champion from the 2012 Australian Junior Championships in the U16-U20 age group*
2) Be registered members of the current season and will need to register for the forthcoming season on October 1 2012
3) Remain in good standing with their Clubs and with ANSW
4) Not be an NSWIS scholarship holder
5) For AWD - all age eligible (U16 to U20) AWD athletes are invited to be a part of the TTP. TTP selection will be judged via the proximity of the AWD athlete's PB to their respective classification's World Record. In other words - the closer your PB is to the world record, the better.
* Standards may be achieved at all AA or ANSW permit events OR the following school carnivals - CHS, CAS, CCC, CIS, GPS
A copy of the entry standards can be found here.
An Application Form can be found here.
Congratulations to the following athletes who have been selected as TTP Squad members for 2012-13:
|Athletics NSW TTP Squad 2012/13|
|Sprints||Middle Distance:||Throws: (Jav)||AWD:|
|Head Coach: Robert Medlicott||Head Coach: Ken Green||Head Coach: Lukas Cannan||Head Coach: Matt Rawlings|
|James Kermond||Charlie Hunter||Andries van Woerkom||Rae Anderson|
|Rebecca Norton||Alina Tape||Matthew Rees||Amanda Krsticevic|
|Molly Blakey||Georgia Wassall||Mackenzie Little||Daniel Jennings|
|Jordan Shelley||Aaron Spiessberger-Parker||Angelique Booth|
|Luisa Healey||Kate Spencer||Pole Vault:||Sarah Walsh|
|Tavleen Singh||Morgan McDonald||Head Coach:||Tim Foster|
|Jessica Thornton||Robert Dredge||Zsuzsanna Olgyay-Szabo|
|Jake Rogers||Jack Collett||Angus Armstrong||Walks:|
|Stephen Eaton||Harry Scouler||Jack Hicking||Head Coach: Cheryl Webb|
|Karlie Morton||Sarah Marvin||Alwyn Mi||Jasmine Dighton|
|Gabriella O'Grady||Emily Augustine||Mudith Jayasekera||Tom Doyle|
|Audrey Kyriacou||Megan Isbester||Amy Bettiol|
|Ella Nelson||Miranda Middleton|
|Jumps:||Throws: (shot, disc, ham)||Hurdles:|
|Head Coaches: Alex Stewart and Nicole Boegman||Head Coach: Breanne Clement||Head Coach: Melissa Logan|
|Joshua Parkinson||Tepa Lemi||Bryce Collins|
|Daisy Ding||Yasenaca Denicaucau||Jack Bangel|
|Nicola McDermott||Taylah Sengul||Madison Gipson|
|David Snowdon||Alex Hulley||Jye Brooker|
|Ronald Streater-Mason||Emily Rotunno||Katrina Hunt|
|Brendan Madeira||Costa Kousparis||Abbie Taddeo|
|Emmanuel Fakiye||Paletina Lemi||Hannah Jones|
|Alison Ruse||Hayden Wilton||Samantha Geddes|
|Lachlan Little||Tania Fassolis|
|Sebastien Gray||Jessica Stikovic|
|Melissa Maree Farrington||Ben Fitzgerald|
All inquiries regarding the TTP can be forwarded to Matt Rowan at email@example.com or via phone 9746 1122
Subscribe to Athletics New South Wales newsletter and stay up to date with news and upcoming events!