ANSW TTP Education sessions
Following each month education session/s, we will be posting the information, links and any handouts from the session onto this webpage, as a future reference from the education session. Below is an outline of the education sessions that we have organised (to date) for 2017, with future sessions to be added throughout the year.
Session 1 - Sunday 18th June @ SOPAC (10:30am - 12:00pm)
- Introduction / Welcome to 2017 ANSW Target Talent Program - Michael Perry (Program Coordinator)
- Injury Prevention and Recovery - Ben Liddy (Athletics Australia National Junior Team Physiotherapist)
Attached below are lists of elite athlete focused medical professionals who you may consider contacting should the need arise.
Session 2 - Sunday 30th July @ SOPAC (1:00pm - 2:15pm)
- Sports Nutrition / Diet - Rebecca Hay (Athletes Kitchen - Ryde)
Session 3 - Sunday 27th August @ SOPAC (12:30pm - 2:30pm)
- ASADA / Drugs in Sport - Lynda Gusbeth (Athletics Australia - Integrity Unit Education Officer)
- Pilates / Yoga Session - Presented by Sol Walkling (From MindBodySol - Sydney)
Session 4 - Sunday 24th September @ SOPAC (12:30pm - 2:30pm)
- Pilates - Presented by Sol Walkling (From MindBodySol - Sydney)
- Personal Excellence / Athlete Career Education - Presented by Rhian Bird (NSWIS Athletics Program Personal Excellence Consultant).
This session will go through the available options that will allow you to be able to manage your school / uni work while still being an athlete.
Session 5 - Sunday 22nd October @ SOPAC (12:45pm - 2:30pm)
- Mental Preparation / Performance Breathing - Presented by Rachel Vickery
Please find attached the hand out that was given to the athletes on the day. Th login for healthlnx to access the videos will be available until mid December. It can be accessed by going to www.healthlnx.com and logging in with Username: nswisathletics and Password: aaAA11!!
Session 6 - Sunday 12th November @ SOPAC (12:45pm - 2:30pm)
- 2017/18 Domestic & International Competition Opportunities
- Panel Discussion - The highs and lows of being an elite athlete / coach
If there are any other areas that you would like discussed, or other topics you wish to have covered, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your thoughts.
Timeline of additions to site:
June - TTP introduction Presentation, Ben Liddy - Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Presentation, Medical Professionals Contact Sheets
July - Information pertaining to July, September and October sessions updated (21/07/2017)
August - Session two documents uploaded (08/08/2017), August & September Education Sessions Updated (23/08/2017)
September - Session 3 documents and links uploaded (05/09/2017)
October - Session 4 documents and links added (11/10/2017)