Join us for one or two FREE coaching workshops led by Darren Wensor - a Level 4 Coach and the Head of Coach and Volunteer Development at Little Athletics NSW.
Date: Saturday May 4
Location: Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre Grand Prix Room
Workshop #1 10.15am - 11.15am: How to Create a Better Learning Environment
Workshop #2 11.30am - 12.30pm: The Working with Parents in Sport (WWPIS) “Engage” workshop
Workshop #1: The How to Create a Better Learning Environment workshop
What are the features of a good sports program? How can we positively influence the learning environment? How can we use our knowledge of the drivers of motivation to shape our sport?
This workshop will make participants better at creating a positive and engaging sporting environment for our young athletes. Practical tips and tricks will be provided to support the principles discussed.
Participants will learn about:
- The 5 C’s of effective sporting programs
- Factors that contribute to an effective learning environment
- Using the drivers of motivation to shape what is offered
- The 5C’s of coaching
- What you coach vs How you coach
- Coaching cues – What are they/What makes a great coaching cue
- Internal vs External coaching cues
- Examples of good coaching cues
- Intrinsic motivation
Workshop #2: The WWPIS “Engage” workshop
This workshops provides a guide for coaches to help build positive relationships with sports parents.
- Following an organisation’s culture
- Understanding today’s parent
- What it feels like to be a parent
- How can you help keep parents happy?
- How can parents help you?
- Being a positive role model
- Questions from parents you should be prepared to answer
- Creating your philosophy
- Proactive communication
- Parents meetings
- Dealing with a disagreement with a parent
Bookings and Enquiries: Please phone Matthew Joyce on 02 9746 1122 or firstname.lastname@example.org